Friday, April 16, 2010

SRU Gym

Slippery Rock has an above average gym in comparison to other schools. However, the weight room just does not make sense to me. Comparing to my old college again, Bethany College, it just is not clear to me about the amount of free weight benches and squat racks this gym has. My old school had 800 undergrads on campus but they had 3 barbell benches and 3 squat racks in the gym for the students. This is comparable to the 8,000 undergrads at Slippery Rock and 1 barbell bench and 2 squat racks here. This is the cause of a lot of wasted time and standing around in the gym and for the avid gym goers, this is a huge annoyance. This really grinds my gears because I had to wait 30 minutes for a bench yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Dave, I know exactly how you feel about this situation. I enjoy having a solid workout with a good pace. Often times, we need to wait for everyone else and can't do anything the way we want to. On days that it is fairly crowded, I spend almost as much time waiting as I do working out.

    ReplyDelete